Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at Hormone Wellness MD must be in person. Please bring with you your last pap report and mammogram, if applicable. After the first visit, most follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. This can be a significant time saver and hopefully given you more time for self care. If Dr. Watson feels that an exam is needed, you will need to come in for a face to face visit.
Patients have weekday/ business hour email contact with their Hormone Wellness MD team. Do not use email for urgent or emergency requests. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. Watson, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We may not be available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
How do patients benefit from not taking insurance?
Our pricing is simple and transparent. You aren’t charged for 2 visits if you bring up a problem or concern during a wellness visit. You will always know exactly what everything costs upfront and can make decisions based on posted prices.
We work for you, not the insurance company.
Doctors who are confined by the insurance umbrella spend hours every day pecking away at the computer to attempt to meet the billing and coding requirements. None of this effort benefits the health of the patient. Instead of spending hours a day to meet the requirements of the bean counters, Dr. Watson is able to continue to research the latest medical data and apply cutting edge science to help her patients.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. We are not able to submit a medical claim to your insurance. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services. We do not participate with Medicare.
You may be able to use HSA/FSA money to cover our services.
About Lab Tests
Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Hormone Wellness MD.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Watson and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with Dr. Watson.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Hormone Wellness MD, you will purchase the kit directly from the vendor.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done.
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have questions you need to answer before becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to help you decide if Hormone Wellness MD is right for you.